CHILDREN WITH PICKY EATERS PROBLEM
- Inability to chew/swallow
- Delayed attainment of self-feeding skills
- Inability to maintain oral skills when tube fed
- Difficulty transitioning from tube to oral feeding
- An infant who cries and/or arches at most meals
- Family is fighting about food and feeding (i.e. meals are battles)
- Parent repeatedly reports that the child is difficult for everyone to feed
- Parental history of an eating disorder, with a child not meeting weight goals
- Ongoing poor weight gain (rate re: percentiles falling) or weight loss
- Ongoing choking, gagging or coughing during meals
- Ongoing problems with vomiting
- More than one incident of nasal reflux
- History of traumatic choking incident
- History of eating & breathing coordination problems, with ongoing respiratory issues
- Inability to transition to baby food purees by 10 months of age
- Inability to accept any table food solids by 12 months of age
- Inability to transition from breast/bottle to a cup by 16 months of age
- Has not weaned off baby foods by 16 months of age
- Aversion or avoidance of all foods in specific texture or food group
- Food range of less than 20 foods, especially if foods are being dropped over time with no new foods replacing those lost
- Chronic poor growth
- Compromised nutritional status
- Food refusal/picky eating
- Decreased variety and volume of oral intake
- Coughing or choking while eating or immediately after eating
- History of chronic pulmonary difficulties which may included diagnosis of aspiration pneumonia
- Vocal cord dysfunction
- Food being suctioned out of the child’s tracheotomy
- Weight gain is difficult and thought to be secondary to oral motor or pharyngeal dysfunction
- Difficulty initiating a swallow
- Choking, gagging, coughing and vomiting while eating
The Picky Eaters Clinic Jakarta Indonesia is proud to offer Feeding Therapy
Treatment is available to assist with a wide variety of feeding challenges ranging from delays in oral motor/oral sensory development, food refusal, reduced volume and variety of intake, behavioral feeding issues and difficulty transitioning from tube to oral feeding.
Picky Eaters Clinic Jakarta Indonesia provides a nutritional, oral motor/oral sensory and radiographic assessment when there is a concern regarding swallowing dysfunction and aspiration.
Picky Eaters Clinic Jakarta Indonesia provides a medical, nutritional, oral motor/oral sensory and developmental assessment when there is a concern regarding limited oral intake, food refusal, picky eating, poor weight gain and/or difficulty transitioning off of tube or supplemental feedings. Picky Eaters Clinic Jakarta Indonesia are available for children with specific oral motor, oral sensory and/or gross/fine motor difficulties which impact feeding.
Oral Sensory feeding program
Oral Sensory feeding program is a non-invasive developmental approach to feeding. It focuses on increasing a child’s comfort level exploring and learning about the different properties of foods, including texture, smell, taste and consistency.
- The Oral Sensory approach allows a child to interact with food in a playful, non-stressful way.
- The Oral Sensory approach follows a hierarchy to feeding, beginning with the basic ability to tolerate food in the room, in front of him/her, touching and eventually tasting and eating foods.
- Parent education and involvement is an important part of this feeding approach. A therapist works directly with the parents while they are watching each feeding session to learn this approach to feeding.
- Parents learn to identify physical signs and “body language” to identify when the child is over stimulated and to assist with setting up the home program.
PICKY EATERS AND GROW UP CLINIC (Klinik Khusus Kesulitan Makan dan Gangguan Berat Badan) GRoW UP CLINIC JAKARTAYudhasmara Foundation GRoW UP CLINIC I Jl Taman Bendungan Asahan 5 Bendungan Hilir Jakarta Pusat 10210, phone (021) 5703646 – 44466102 GRoW UP CLINIC II MENTENG SQUARE Jl Matraman 30 Jakarta Pusat 10430, phone (021) 44466103 – 97730777 email : email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org http://pickyeatersclinic.com
WORKING TOGETHER SUPPORT TO THE HEALTH OF ALL BY CLINICAL, RESEARCH AND EDUCATIONS. Advancing of the future pediatric and future parenting to optimalized physical, mental and social health and well being for fetal, newborn, infant, children, adolescents and young adult
Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. You should carefully read all product packaging. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider
Copyright © 2013, Picky Eaters and Grow Up Clinic, Information Education Network. All rights reserved