Update References and Bibliography of Eating Disorders
- Keel, PK; Dorer, DJ; Eddy, KT; Franko, D; Charatan, DL; Herzog, DB (2003). “Predictors of mortality in eating disorders”. Archives of General Psychiatry 60 (2): 179–83
- Crow, SJ; Peterson, CB; Swanson, SA; Raymond, NC; Specker, S; Eckert, ED; Mitchell, JE (2009). “Increased mortality in bulimia nervosa and other eating disorders”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 166 (12): 1342–6.
- Neumaker, K.J. (2000). “Morality rates and causes of death”. European Eating Disorders Review 8 (2): 181–187.
- Striegel-Moore, RH; Franko, DL (2008). “Should binge eating disorder be included in the DSM-V? A critical review of the state of the evidence”. Annual review of clinical psychology 4: 305–24
Teaching Students with Mental Health Disorders: Resources for Teachers. Victoria: British Columbia Ministry of Education, Special Programs Branch, 2001. Print.
Smith, Melinda, Suzanne Barston, and Jeanne Segal. “Binge Eating Disorder.” : Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Help. Jan. 2012. Web. 06 Apr. 2012. <http://www.helpguide.org/mental/binge_eating_disorder.htm>
Klump, KL; Kaye, WH; Strober, M (2001). “The evolving genetic foundations of eating disorders”. The Psychiatric clinics of North America 24 (2): 215–25.
- Mazzeo, SE; Bulik, CM (2009). “Environmental and genetic risk factors for eating disorders: What the clinician needs to know”. Child and adolescent psychiatric clinics of North America 18 (1): 67–82 //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2719561/.
Frieling, H; Römer, KD; Scholz, S; Mittelbach, F; Wilhelm, J; De Zwaan, M; Jacoby, GE; Kornhuber, J et al. (2010). “Epigenetic dysregulation of dopaminergic genes in eating disorders”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 43 (7): 577–83.
- Frieling, H; Bleich, S; Otten, J; Römer, KD; Kornhuber, J; De Zwaan, M; Jacoby, GE; Wilhelm, J et al. (2008). “Epigenetic downregulation of atrial natriuretic peptide but not vasopressin mRNA expression in females with eating disorders is related to impulsivity”. Neuropsychopharmacology 33 (11): 2605–9.
Hudson, JI; Hiripi, E; Pope Jr, HG; Kessler, RC (2007). “The Prevalence and Correlates of Eating Disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication”. Biological Psychiatry 61 (3): 348–58 . //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1892232/.
Lucas, AR; Beard, CM; O’Fallon, WM; Kurland, LT (1991). “50-year trends in the incidence of anorexia nervosa in Rochester, Minn.: a population-based study”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 148 (7): 917–22
- Carlat, DJ; Camargo Jr, CA (1991). “Review of bulimia nervosa in males”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 148 (7): 831–43
- Patrick, L (2002). “Eating disorders: a review of the literature with emphasis on medical complications and clinical nutrition”. Alternative medicine review : a journal of clinical therapeutic 7 (3): 184–202
Cummins, L.H. & Lehman, J. 2007. 40% of eating disorder cases are diagnosed in females ages 15-19 years old (Hoe van Hoeken, 2003). Eating Disorders and Body Image Concerns in Asian American Women: Assessment and Treatment from a Multi-Cultural and Feminist Perspective. Eating Disorders. 15. pp217-230.
Treasure, Janet; Cardi, Valentina; Kan. “Eating in eating disorders”.
Biederman, J; Ball, SW; Monuteaux, MC; Surman, CB; Johnson, JL; Zeitlin, S (2007). “Are girls with ADHD at risk for eating disorders? Results from a controlled, five-year prospective study”. Journal of developmental and behavioral pediatrics : JDBP 28 (4): 302–7. doi:10.1097/DBP.0b013e3180327917. PMID 17700082.
Girls With ADHD Are at Increased Risk for Eating Disorders and Depression
- Reyes-Rodriguez, Mae Lynn; Von Holle, A.; Ulman, T. F.; Thornton, L. M.; Klump, K. L.; Brandt, H.; Crawford, S.; Fichter, M. M. et al. (2011). “Posttraumatic stress disorder in anorexia nervosa”. Psychosomatic Medicine 73 (6): 491–7. doi:10.1097/PSY.0b013e31822232bb. PMC 3132652. PMID 21715295. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21715295.
“Northwest Foster Care Alumni Study”. Casey.org. http://www.casey.org. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
Steve Bloomfield (17 June 2006). Eating Disorders: Helping Your Child Recover. beat. pp. 4–. ISBN 978-0-9551772-1-7. http://books.google.com/books?id=B9hc_PzXdrMC&pg=PA4. Retrieved 18 December 2010.
Sullivan, PF (1995). “Mortality in anorexia nervosa”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 152 (7): 1073–4.
- Gross, MJ; Kahn, JP; Laxenaire, M; Nicolas, JP; Burlet, C (1994). “Corticotropin-releasing factor and anorexia nervosa: reactions of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis to neurotropic stress”. Annales d’endocrinologie 55 (6): 221–8.
- Licinio, J; Wong, ML; Gold, PW (1996). “The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in anorexia nervosa”. Psychiatry Research 62 (1): 75–83.
- Chaudhri, O; Small, C; Bloom, S (2006). “Gastrointestinal hormones regulating appetite”. Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biological sciences 361 (1471): 1187–209
- Gendall, KA; Kaye, WH; Altemus, M; McConaha, CW; La Via, MC (1999). “Leptin, neuropeptide Y, and peptide YY in long-term recovered eating disorder patients”. Biological Psychiatry 46 (2): 292–9.
- Wilhelm, J; Müller, E; De Zwaan, M; Fischer, J; Hillemacher, T; Kornhuber, J; Bleich, S; Frieling, H (2010). “Elevation of homocysteine levels is only partially reversed after therapy in females with eating disorders”. Journal of neural transmission (Vienna, Austria : 1996) 117 (4): 521–7
- Jimerson, DC; Lesem, MD; Kaye, WH; Hegg, AP; Brewerton, TD (1990). “Eating disorders and depression: is there a serotonin connection?”. Biological Psychiatry 28 (5): 443–54.
- Leibowitz, SF (1990). “The role of serotonin in eating disorders”. Drugs 39 Suppl 3: 33–48
- Blundell, JE; Lawton, CL; Halford, JC (1995). “Serotonin, eating behavior, and fat intake”. Obesity research 3 Suppl 4: 471S–476S
- Kaye, WH (1997). “Anorexia nervosa, obsessional behavior, and serotonin”. Psychopharmacology bulletin 33 (3): 335–44.
- , UF; Price, JC; Meltzer, CC; Mathis, CA; Frank, GK; Weissfeld, L; McConaha, CW; Henry, SE et al. (2004). “Altered 5-HT(2A) receptor binding after recovery from bulimia-type anorexia nervosa: relationships to harm avoidance and drive for thinness”. Neuropsychopharmacology 29 (6): 1143–55.
- Hainer, V; Kabrnova, K; Aldhoon, B; Kunesova, M; Wagenknecht, M (2006). “Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibition and eating behavior”. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1083: 252–69.
- Altered norepinephrine in bulimia: effects of pharmacological challenge with isoproternol Psychiatric Residency 1990 Jul;33 (1):1
- Wang, GJ; Volkow, ND; Logan, J; Pappas, NR; Wong, CT; Zhu, W; Netusil, N; Fowler, JS (2001). “Brain dopamine and obesity”. Lancet 357 (9253): 354–7.
- Zhulenko, VN; Georgieva, GN; Smirnova, LA (1975). “Mercury content in the organs and tissues of slaughter animals”. Veterinariia (4): 96–8.
- Frederich, R; Hu, S; Raymond, N; Pomeroy, C (2002). “Leptin in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa: importance of assay technique and method of interpretation”. The Journal of laboratory and clinical medicine 139 (2): 72–9.
- Fetissov, SO; Harro, J; Jaanisk, M; Järv, A; Podar, I; Allik, J; Nilsson, I; Sakthivel, P et al. (2005). “Autoantibodies against neuropeptides are associated with psychological traits in eating disorders”. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 102 (41): 14865–70
- Sinno, MH; Do Rego, JC; Coëffier, M; Bole-Feysot, C; Ducrotté, P; Gilbert, D; Tron, F; Costentin, J et al. (2009). “Regulation of feeding and anxiety by alpha-MSH reactive autoantibodies”. Psychoneuroendocrinology 34 (1): 140–9.
- Sokol, MS (2000). “Infection-triggered anorexia nervosa in children: clinical description of four cases”. Journal of child and adolescent psychopharmacology 10 (2): 133–45
- Uher, R; Treasure, J (2005). “Brain lesions and eating disorders”. Journal of neurology, neurosurgery, and psychiatry 76 (6): 852–7. . //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1739667/.
Houy, E; Debono, B; Dechelotte, P; Thibaut, F (2007). “Anorexia nervosa associated with right frontal brain lesion”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 40 (8): 758–61
- Trummer, M; Eustacchio, S; Unger, F; Tillich, M; Flaschka, G (2002). “Right hemispheric frontal lesions as a cause for anorexia nervosa report of three cases”. Acta neurochirurgica 144 (8): 797–801; discussion 801.
- Winston, AP; Barnard, D; D’souza, G; Shad, A; Sherlala, K; Sidhu, J; Singh, SP (2006). “Pineal germinoma presenting as anorexia nervosa: Case report and review of the literature”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 39 (7): 606–8.
- Chipkevitch, E; Fernandes, AC (1993). “Hypothalamic tumor associated with atypical forms of anorexia nervosa and diencephalic syndrome”. Arquivos de neuro-psiquiatria 51 (2): 270–4.
- Rohrer, TR; Fahlbusch, R; Buchfelder, M; Dörr, HG (2006). “Craniopharyngioma in a female adolescent presenting with symptoms of anorexia nervosa”. Klinische Padiatrie 218 (2): 67–71
- Chipkevitch, E (1994). “Brain tumors and anorexia nervosa syndrome”. Brain & development 16 (3): 175–9, discussion 180–2
- Lin, L; Liao, SC; Lee, YJ; Tseng, MC; Lee, MB (2003). “Brain tumor presenting as anorexia nervosa in a 19-year-old man”. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association = Taiwan yi zhi 102 (10): 737–40
- Conrad, R; Wegener, I; Geiser, F; Imbierowicz, K; Liedtke, R (2008). “Nature against nurture: calcification in the right thalamus in a young man with anorexia nervosa and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder”. CNS spectrums 13 (10): 906–10.
- Burke, CJ; Tannenberg, AE; Payton, DJ (1997). “Ischaemic cerebral injury, intrauterine growth retardation, and placental infarction”. Developmental medicine and child neurology 39 (11): 726–30
- Cnattingius, S; Hultman, CM; Dahl, M; Sparén, P (1999). “Very preterm birth, birth trauma, and the risk of anorexia nervosa among girls”. Archives of General Psychiatry 56 (7): 634–8
- Favaro, A; Tenconi, E; Santonastaso, P (2006). “Perinatal factors and the risk of developing anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa”. Archives of General Psychiatry 63 (1): 82–8
- Favaro, A; Tenconi, E; Santonastaso, P (2008). “The relationship between obstetric complications and temperament in eating disorders: a mediation hypothesis”. Psychosomatic Medicine 70 (3): 372–7.
- Decker, MJ; Hue, GE; Caudle, WM; Miller, GW; Keating, GL; Rye, DB (2003). “Episodic neonatal hypoxia evokes executive dysfunction and regionally specific alterations in markers of dopamine signaling”. Neuroscience 117 (2): 417–25.
- Decker, MJ; Rye, DB (2002). “Neonatal intermittent hypoxia impairs dopamine signaling and executive functioning”. Sleep & breathing = Schlaf & Atmung 6 (4): 205–10.
- Scher, MS (2003). “Fetal and neonatal neurologic case histories: assessment of brain disorders in the context of fetal-maternal-placental disease. Part 1: Fetal neurologic consultations in the context of antepartum events and prenatal brain development”. Journal of child neurology 18 (2): 85–92.
- Scher, MS; Wiznitzer, M; Bangert, BA (2002). “Cerebral infarctions in the fetus and neonate: maternal-placental-fetal considerations”. Clinics in perinatology 29 (4): 693–724, vi–vii.
- Burke, CJ; Tannenberg, AE (1995). “Prenatal brain damage and placental infarction–an autopsy study”. Developmental medicine and child neurology 37 (6): 555–62.
- Squier, M; Keeling, JW (1991). “The incidence of prenatal brain injury”. Neuropathology and applied neurobiology 17 (1): 29–38.
- Al Mamun, A; Lawlor, DA; Alati, R; O’Callaghan, MJ; Williams, GM; Najman, JM (2006). “Does maternal smoking during pregnancy have a direct effect on future offspring obesity? Evidence from a prospective birth cohort study”. American Journal of Epidemiology 164 (4): 317–25
- Westen, D; Harnden-Fischer, J (2001). “Personality profiles in eating disorders: rethinking the distinction between axis I and axis II”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 158 (4): 547–62
- Rosenvinge, JH; Martinussen, M; Ostensen, E (2000). “The comorbidity of eating disorders and personality disorders: a meta-analytic review of studies published between 1983 and 1998”. Eating and weight disorders : EWD 5 (2): 52–61
- Kaye, WH; Bulik, CM; Thornton, L; Barbarich, N; Masters, K (2004). “Comorbidity of anxiety disorders with anorexia and bulimia nervosa”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 161 (12): 2215–21.
- Thornton, C; Russell, J (1997). “Obsessive compulsive comorbidity in the dieting disorders”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 21 (1): 83–7
- Vitousek, K; Manke, F (1994). “Personality variables and disorders in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa”. Journal of Abnormal Psychology 103 (1): 137–47.
- Braun, DL; Sunday, SR; Halmi, KA (1994). “Psychiatric comorbidity in patients with eating disorders”. Psychological Medicine 24 (4): 859–67.
- Spindler, A; Milos, G (2007). “Links between eating disorder symptom severity and psychiatric comorbidity”. Eating behaviors 8 (3): 364–73.
- Collier, R (2010). “DSM revision surrounded by controversy”. Canadian Medical Association Journal 182 (1): 16–7. doi:10.1503/cmaj.109-3108. PMC 2802599. PMID 19920166. //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2802599/.
Kutchins, H; Kirk, SA (1989). “DSM-III-R: the conflict over new psychiatric diagnoses”. Health & social work 14 (2): 91–101. PMID 2714710.
Busko, Marlene. “DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Eating Disorders May Be Too Stringent”. Medscape. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/557479.
Murdoch, CJ (10 September 2009). “The Politics of Disease Definition: A Summer of DSM-V Controversy in Review. Stanford Center for Law and the Biosciences”. http://lawandbiosciences.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/the-politics-of-disease-definition-a-summer-of-dsm-v-controversy-in-review/.
“Psychiatry manual’s secrecy criticized”. Los Angeles Times. 29 December 2008. http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/29/nation/na-mental-disorders29.
Casper, RC (1998). “Depression and eating disorders”. Depression and Anxiety 8 (Suppl 1): 96–104.
- Serpell, L; Livingstone, A; Neiderman, M; Lask, B (2002). “Anorexia nervosa: obsessive-compulsive disorder, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, or neither?”. Clinical Psychology Review 22 (5): 647–69
- Bulik, CM; Klump, KL; Thornton, L; Kaplan, AS; Devlin, B; Fichter, MM; Halmi, KA; Strober, M et al. (2004). “Alcohol use disorder comorbidity in eating disorders: a multicenter study”. The Journal of clinical psychiatry 65 (7): 1000–6.
- Larsson, JO; Hellzén, M (2004). “Patterns of personality disorders in women with chronic eating disorders”. Eating and weight disorders : EWD 9 (3): 200–5.
- Swinbourne, JM; Touyz, SW (2007). “The co-morbidity of eating disorders and anxiety disorders: a review”. European eating disorders review : the journal of the Eating Disorders Association 15 (4): 253–74.
- , E (1996). “Pathological narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder in Axis I disorders”. Harvard Review of Psychiatry 3 (6): 326–40.
- Anderluh, MB; Tchanturia, K; Rabe-Hesketh, S; Treasure, J (2003). “Childhood obsessive-compulsive personality traits in adult women with eating disorders: defining a broader eating disorder phenotype”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 160 (2): 242–7.
- Pinto, A; Mancebo, MC; Eisen, JL; Pagano, ME; Rasmussen, SA (2006). “The Brown Longitudinal Obsessive Compulsive Study: clinical features and symptoms of the sample at intake”. The Journal of clinical psychiatry 67 (5): 703–11. //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3272757/.
Lucka, I; Cebella, A (2004). “Characteristics of the forming personality in children suffering from anorexia nervosa”. Psychiatria polska 38 (6): 1011–8
- Dukarm, CP (2005). “Bulimia nervosa and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a possible role for stimulant medication”. Journal of women’s health (2002) 14 (4): 345–50.
- Mikami, AY; Hinshaw, SP; Arnold, LE; Hoza, B; Hechtman, L; Newcorn, JH; Abikoff, HB (2010). “Bulimia nervosa symptoms in the multimodal treatment study of children with ADHD”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 43 (3): 248–59.
- Cortese, S; Bernardina, BD; Mouren, MC (2007). “Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and binge eating”. Nutrition Reviews 65 (9): 404–11.
- Bruce, KR; Steiger, H; Koerner, NM; Israel, M; Young, SN (2004). “Bulimia nervosa with co-morbid avoidant personality disorder: behavioural characteristics and serotonergic function”. Psychological Medicine 34 (1): 113–24.
- Podar, I; Hannus, A; Allik, J (1999). “Personality and affectivity characteristics associated with eating disorders: a comparison of eating disordered, weight-preoccupied, and normal samples”. Journal of Personality Assessment 73 (1): 133–47.
- Gardini, S; Cloninger, CR; Venneri, A (2009). “Individual differences in personality traits reflect structural variance in specific brain regions”. Brain Research Bulletin 79 (5): 265–70.
- Marsh, AA; Finger, EC; Mitchell, DG; Reid, ME; Sims, C; Kosson, DS; Towbin, KE; Leibenluft, E et al. (2008). “Reduced amygdala response to fearful expressions in children and adolescents with callous-unemotional traits and disruptive behavior disorders”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 165 (6): 712–20.
- Iidaka, T; Matsumoto, A; Ozaki, N; Suzuki, T; Iwata, N; Yamamoto, Y; Okada, T; Sadato, N (2006). “Volume of left amygdala subregion predicted temperamental trait of harm avoidance in female young subjects. A voxel-based morphometry study”. Brain Research 1125 (1): 85–93
- Rubino, V; Blasi, G; Latorre, V; Fazio, L; D’errico, I; Mazzola, V; Caforio, G; Nardini, M et al. (2007). “Activity in medial prefrontal cortex during cognitive evaluation of threatening stimuli as a function of personality style”. Brain Research Bulletin 74 (4): 250–7.
- Spinella, M; Lyke, J (2004). “Executive personality traits and eating behavior”. The International journal of neuroscience 114 (1): 83–93.
- Sinai, C; Hirvikoski, T; Vansvik, ED; Nordström, AL; Linder, J; Nordström, P; Jokinen, J (2009). “Thyroid hormones and personality traits in attempted suicide”. Psychoneuroendocrinology 34 (10): 1526–32
- Horesh, N; Apter, A; Ishai, J; Danziger, Y; Miculincer, M; Stein, D; Lepkifker, E; Minouni, M (1996). “Abnormal psychosocial situations and eating disorders in adolescence”. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 35 (7): 921–7
- Köpp, W; Rost, F; Kiesewetter, S; Deter, HC (2010). “The fatal outcome of an individual with anorexia nervosa and Sheehan’s syndrome as a result of acute enterocolitis: a case report”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 43 (1): 93–6
- Rayworth, BB; Wise, LA; Harlow, BL (2004). “Childhood abuse and risk of eating disorders in women”. Epidemiology (Cambridge, Mass.) 15 (3): 271–8.
- Wonderlich, SA; Brewerton, TD; Jocic, Z; Dansky, BS; Abbott, DW (1997). “Relationship of childhood sexual abuse and eating disorders”. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 36 (8): 1107–15.
- Feldman, MB; Meyer, IH (2007). “Childhood Abuse and Eating Disorders in Gay and Bisexual Men”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 40 (5): 418–23. //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2042584/.
Rohde, P; Ichikawa, L; Simon, GE; Ludman, EJ; Linde, JA; Jeffery, RW; Operskalski, BH (2008). “Associations of child sexual and physical abuse with obesity and depression in middle-aged women”. Child abuse & neglect 32 (9): 878–87. 18945487. //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2609903/.
Williamson, DF; Thompson, TJ; Anda, RF; Dietz, WH; Felitti, V (2002). “Body weight and obesity in adults and self-reported abuse in childhood”. International journal of obesity and related metabolic disorders : journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity 26 (8): 1075–82
- Waller, G (1992). “Sexual abuse and the severity of bulimic symptoms”. The British journal of psychiatry : the journal of mental science 161: 90–3.
- Waller, G; Halek, C; Crisp, AH (1993). “Sexual abuse as a factor in anorexia nervosa: evidence from two separate case series”. Journal of psychosomatic research 37 (8): 873–9
- Troop, NA; Bifulco, A (2002). “Childhood social arena and cognitive sets in eating disorders”. The British journal of clinical psychology / the British Psychological Society 41 (Pt 2): 205–11
- Nonogaki, K; Nozue, K; Oka, Y (2007). “Social isolation affects the development of obesity and type 2 diabetes in mice”. Endocrinology 148 (10): 4658–66.
- Esplen, MJ; Garfinkel, P; Gallop, R (2000). “Relationship between self-soothing, aloneness, and evocative memory in bulimia nervosa”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 27 (1): 96–100.
- Larson, R; Johnson, C (1985). “Bulimia: disturbed patterns of solitude”. Addictive behaviors 10 (3): 281–90
- Fox, John (July 2009). “Eating Disorders and Emotions”. Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy 16 (237–239): 237. http://journals1.scholarsportal.info.myaccess.library.utoronto.ca/tmp/10145416592169325305.pdf.
Johnson, JG; Cohen, P; Kasen, S; Brook, JS (2002). “Childhood adversities associated with risk for eating disorders or weight problems during adolescence or early adulthood”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 159 (3): 394–400.
- Klesges, RC; Coates, TJ; Brown, G; Sturgeon-Tillisch, J; Moldenhauer-Klesges, LM; Holzer, B; Woolfrey, J; Vollmer, J (1983). “Parental influences on children’s eating behavior and relative weight”. Journal of applied behavior analysis 16 (4): 371–8. //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1307898/.
Galloway, AT; Fiorito, L; Lee, Y; Birch, LL (2005). “Parental Pressure, Dietary Patterns, and Weight Status among Girls Who Are “Picky Eaters””. Journal of the American Dietetic Association 105 (4): 541–8. . //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2530930/.
Jones, C; Harris, G; Leung, N (2005). “Parental rearing behaviours and eating disorders: the moderating role of core beliefs”. Eating behaviors 6 (4): 355–64.
- Brown, R; Ogden, J (2004). “Children’s eating attitudes and behaviour: a study of the modelling and control theories of parental influence”. Health education research 19 (3): 261–71
- Savage, JS; Fisher, JO; Birch, LL (2007). “Parental Influence on Eating Behavior: Conception to Adolescence”. The Journal of law, medicine & ethics : a journal of the American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics 35 (1): 22–34
- Schreiber, GB; Robins, M; Striegel-Moore, R; Obarzanek, E; Morrison, JA; Wright, DJ (1996). “Weight modification efforts reported by black and white preadolescent girls: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Growth and Health Study”. Pediatrics 98 (1): 63–70.
- Page, RM; Suwanteerangkul, J (2007). “Dieting among Thai adolescents: having friends who diet and pressure to diet”. Eating and weight disorders : EWD 12 (3): 114–24.
- McKnight, Investigators (2003). “Risk factors for the onset of eating disorders in adolescent girls: results of the McKnight longitudinal risk factor study”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 160 (2): 248–54.
- Paxton, SJ; Schutz, HK; Wertheim, EH; Muir, SL (1999). “Friendship clique and peer influences on body image concerns, dietary restraint, extreme weight-loss behaviors, and binge eating in adolescent girls”. Journal of Abnormal Psychology 108 (2): 255–66.
- Rukavina, T; Pokrajac-Bulian, A (2006). “Thin-ideal internalization, body dissatisfaction and symptoms of eating disorders in Croatian adolescent girls”. Eating and weight disorders : EWD 11 (1): 31–7
- Garner, DM; Garfinkel, PE (1980). “Socio-cultural factors in the development of anorexia nervosa”. Psychological Medicine 10 (4): 647–56.
- Eisenberg, ME; Neumark-Sztainer, D; Story, M; Perry, C (2005). “The role of social norms and friends’ influences on unhealthy weight-control behaviors among adolescent girls”. Social science & medicine (1982) 60 (6): 1165–73.
- Simpson, K.J. (2002). Anorexia nervosa and culture. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 9, 65-71.
Gailey, J. (2009). “Starving is the most fun a girl can have: The Pro-Ana subculture as edgework. Critical Criminology. 17, 93-108.
Borzekowski D., Schenk S., Wilson J., Peebles R. (2010). “E-Ana and e-mia: A content analysis of pro-eating disorder web sites”. American Journal of Public Health 100 (8): 1526–1534
- Strumia, R (2005). “Dermatologic signs in patients with eating disorders”. American journal of clinical dermatology 6 (3): 165–73
- Joyce, JM; Warren, DL; Humphries, LL; Smith, AJ; Coon, JS (1990). “Osteoporosis in women with eating disorders: comparison of physical parameters, exercise, and menstrual status with SPA and DPA evaluation”. Journal of Nuclear Medicine 31 (3): 325–31
- Drevelengas, A; Chourmouzi, D; Pitsavas, G; Charitandi, A; Boulogianni, G (2001). “Reversible brain atrophy and subcortical high signal on MRI in a patient with anorexia nervosa”. Neuroradiology 43 (10): 838–40.
- Taranto, C; Capristo, E; Gasbarrini, G (1998). “A case of marked cerebellar atrophy in a woman with anorexia nervosa and cerebral atrophy and a review of the literature”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 24 (4): 443–7.
- Jagielska, G; Tomaszewicz-Libudzic, EC; Brzozowska, A (2007). “Pellagra: a rare complication of anorexia nervosa”. European child & adolescent psychiatry 16 (7): 417–20.
- Pompili, M; Mancinelli, I; Girardi, P; Accorrà, D; Ruberto, A; Tatarelli, R (2003). “Suicide and attempted suicide in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa”. Annali dell’Istituto superiore di sanita 39 (2): 275–81.
- Franko, DL; Keel, PK; Dorer, DJ; Blais, MA; Delinsky, SS; Eddy, KT; Charat, V; Renn, R et al. (2004). “What predicts suicide attempts in women with eating disorders?”. Psychological Medicine 34 (5): 843–53.
- Fedorowicz, VJ; Falissard, B; Foulon, C; Dardennes, R; Divac, SM; Guelfi, JD; Rouillon, F (2007). “Factors associated with suicidal behaviors in a large French sample of inpatients with eating disorders”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 40 (7): 589–95
- Treasure, J Claudino, M, A, & Zucker, N (2009). Eating Disorders. The Lancet, 375(9714). retrieved August 20, 2012, from http://www.sciencedirect.com.myaccess.library.utoronto.ca/science/article/pii/S0140673609617487 and http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2809%2961748-7/abstract
Hirschberg, AL; Naessén, S; Stridsberg, M; Byström, B; Holtet, J (2004). “Impaired cholecystokinin secretion and disturbed appetite regulation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome”. Gynecological endocrinology : the official journal of the International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology 19 (2): 79–87.
- Naessén, S; Carlström, K; Garoff, L; Glant, R; Hirschberg, AL (2006). “Polycystic ovary syndrome in bulimic women–an evaluation based on the new diagnostic criteria”. Gynecological endocrinology : the official journal of the International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology 22 (7): 388–94.
- McCluskey, S; Evans, C; Lacey, JH; Pearce, JM; Jacobs, H (1991). “Polycystic ovary syndrome and bulimia”. Fertility and Sterility 55 (2): 287–91.
- Jahanfar, S; Eden, JA; Nguyent, TV (1995). “Bulimia nervosa and polycystic ovary syndrome”. Gynecological endocrinology : the official journal of the International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology 9 (2): 113–7.
- Morgan, JF; McCluskey, SE; Brunton, JN; Hubert Lacey, J (2002). “Polycystic ovarian morphology and bulimia nervosa: a 9-year follow-up study”. Fertility and Sterility 77 (5): 928–31.
- Lujan, ME; Chizen, DR; Pierson, RA (2008). “Diagnostic Criteria for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Pitfalls and Controversies”. Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology Canada : JOGC = Journal d’obstetrique et gynecologie du Canada : JOGC 30 (8): 671–9.
- Pritts, SD; Susman, J (2003). “Diagnosis of eating disorders in primary care”. American family physician 67 (2): 297–304.
Gelder, Mayou, Geddes (2005). Psychiatry: Page 161. New York, NY; Oxford University Press Inc.
O’Brien, A; Hugo, P; Stapleton, S; Lask, B (2001). “”Anorexia saved my life”: coincidental anorexia nervosa and cerebral meningioma”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 30 (3): 346–9.
- Garfinkel, PE; Newman, A (2001). “The eating attitudes test: twenty-five years later”. Eating and weight disorders : EWD 6 (1): 1–24.
- Rueda, GE; Díaz, LA; Campo, A; Barros, JA; Avila, GC; Oróstegui, LT; Osorio, BC; Cadena Ldel, P (2005). “Validation of the SCOFF questionnaire for screening of eating disorders in university women”. Biomedica : revista del Instituto Nacional de Salud 25 (2): 196–202
- Probst, M; Pieters, G; Vanderlinden, J (2008). “Evaluation of body experience questionnaires in eating disorders in female patients (AN/BN) and nonclinical participants”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 41 (7): 657–65.
- Ben-Tovim, DI; Walker, MK (1992). “A quantitative study of body-related attitudes in patients with anorexia and bulimia nervosa”. Psychological Medicine 22 (4): 961–9.
- Olson, MS; Williford, HN; Richards, LA; Brown, JA; Pugh, S (1996). “Self-reports on the Eating Disorder Inventory by female aerobic instructors”. Perceptual and motor skills 82 (3 Pt 1): 1051–8.
- Wilfley, DE; Schwartz, MB; Spurrell, EB; Fairburn, CG (2000). “Using the eating disorder examination to identify the specific psychopathology of binge eating disorder”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 27 (3): 259–69.
- Ehle, G; Wahlstab, A; Ott, J (1982). “Psychodiagnostic findings in anorexia nervosa and post-pill amenorrhea”. Psychiatrie, Neurologie, und medizinische Psychologie 34 (11): 647–56.
- Kennedy, SH; Kaplan, AS; Garfinkel, PE; Rockert, W; Toner, B; Abbey, SE (1994). “Depression in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa: discriminating depressive symptoms and episodes”. Journal of psychosomatic research 38 (7): 773–82.
- Camargo, EE (2001). “Brain SPECT in neurology and psychiatry”. Journal of Nuclear Medicine 42 (4): 611–23.
- Abebe, D., Lein, L. (2012). The development of bulimic symptoms from adolescence to young adulthood in females and males: A population‐based longitudinal cohort study. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 45(6), 737-745.
Fallon, BA; Nields, JA (1994). “Lyme disease: a neuropsychiatric illness”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 151 (11): 1571–83.
- Pachner, AR (1988). “Borrelia burgdorferi in the nervous system: the new “great imitator””. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 539: 56–64.
- Adams, R; Hinkebein, MK; McQuillen, M; Sutherland, S; El Asyouty, S; Lippmann, S (1998). “Prompt differentiation of Addison’s disease from anorexia nervosa during weight loss and vomiting”. Southern Medical Journal 91 (2): 208–11.
- Siew, LC; Huang, C; Fleming, J (2010). “Gastric adenocarcinoma mistakenly diagnosed as an eating disorder: case report”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 43 (3): 286–8.
- Pacifico, L; Anania, C; Osborn, JF; Ferrara, E; Schiavo, E; Bonamico, M; Chiesa, C (2008). “Long-term effects of Helicobacter pylori eradication on circulating ghrelin and leptin concentrations and body composition in prepubertal children”. European Journal of Endocrinology 158 (3): 323–32.
- Malfertheiner, P (2009). “Influence of Helicobacter pylori on gastric regulation of food intake”. Current opinion in clinical nutrition and metabolic care 12 (5): 522–5.
- Mannucci, E; Ricca, V; Filetti, S; Boldrini, M; Rotella, CM (2003). “Eating behavior and thyroid disease in female obese patients”. Eating behaviors 4 (2): 173–9.
- Byerley, B; Black, DW; Grosser, BI (1983). “Anorexia nervosa with hyperthyroidism: case report”. The Journal of clinical psychiatry 44 (8): 308–9.
- Krahn, D (1990). “Thyrotoxicosis and bulimia nervosa”. Psychosomatics 31 (2): 222–4.
- Tiller, J; MacRae, A; Schmidt, U; Bloom, S; Treasure, J (1994). “The prevalence of eating disorders in thyroid disease: a pilot study”. Journal of psychosomatic research 38 (6): 609–16
- Fonseca, V; Wakeling, A; Havard, CW (1990). “Hyperthyroidism and eating disorders”. BMJ (Clinical research ed.) 301 (6747): 322–3.
- Birmingham, CL; Gritzner, S; Gutierrez, E (2006). “Hyperthyroidism in anorexia nervosa: case report and review of the literature”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 39 (7): 619–20.
- Mattingly, D; Bhanji, S (April 1995). “Hypoglycaemia and anorexia nervosa”. J R Soc Med 88 (4): 191–195. //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1295161/.
Ozawa, Y; Koyano, H; Akama, T (1999). “Complete recovery from intractable bulimia nervosa by the surgical cure of primary hyperparathyroidism”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 26 (1): 107–10.
- Alao, AO; Chlebowski, S; Chung, C (2009). “Neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus presenting as bipolar I disorder with catatonic features”. Psychosomatics 50 (5): 543–7.
Kar, N; Misra, B (2004). “Toxoplasma seropositivity and depression: a case report”. BMC Psychiatry 4: 1. //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC356918/.
Ritchie MA, Perdigao JA. Neurosyphilis: Considerations for a Psychiatrist. Louisiana State University School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry Neurosyphilis
Lipsitz, JD; Fyer, AJ; Paterniti, A; Klein, DF (2001). “Emetophobia: preliminary results of an internet survey”. Depression and anxiety 14 (2): 149–52.
- Boschen, MJ (2007). “Reconceptualizing emetophobia: a cognitive-behavioral formulation and research agenda”. Journal of anxiety disorders 21 (3): 407–19.
- Shapiro, J; Franko, DL; Gagne, A (1997). “Phagophobia: a form of psychogenic dysphagia. A new entity”. The Annals of otology, rhinology, and laryngology 106 (4): 286–90.
- Gabbay, V; Asnis, GM; Bello, JA; Alonso, CM; Serras, SJ; O’Dowd, MA (2003). “New onset of body dysmorphic disorder following frontotemporal lesion”. Neurology 61 (1): 123–5.
- Phillips, KA; McElroy, SL; Keck Jr, PE; Hudson, JI; Pope Jr, HG (1994). “A comparison of delusional and nondelusional body dysmorphic disorder in 100 cases”. Psychopharmacology bulletin 30 (2): 179–86.
- Feusner, JD; Townsend, J; Bystritsky, A; Bookheimer, S (2007). “Visual information processing of faces in body dysmorphic disorder”. Archives of General Psychiatry 64 (12): 1417–25.
- Feusner, JD; Yaryura-Tobias, J; Saxena, S (2008). “The pathophysiology of body dysmorphic disorder”. Body Image 5 (1): 3–12.
- Halmi, KA (2005). “The multimodal treatment of eating disorders”. World psychiatry : official journal of the World Psychiatric Association (WPA) 4 (2): 69–73. //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1414734/.
Gelder, Mayou, Geddes (2005). Psychiatry. New York, NY: Oxford University Press Inc.
Pike, KM; Walsh, BT; Vitousek, K; Wilson, GT; Bauer, J (2003). “Cognitive behavior therapy in the posthospitalization treatment of anorexia nervosa”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 160 (11): 2046–9.
- Yeh, HW; Tzeng, NS; Lai, TJ; Chou, KR (2006). “Cognitive behavioral therapy for eating disorders”. Hu li za zhi the journal of nursing 53 (4): 65–73.
- Schmidt, U; Lee, S; Beecham, J; Perkins, S; Treasure, J; Yi, I; Winn, S; Robinson, P et al. (2007). “A randomized controlled trial of family therapy and cognitive behavior therapy guided self-care for adolescents with bulimia nervosa and related disorders”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 164 (4): 591–8
- Berman, MI; Boutelle, KN; Crow, SJ (2009). “A case series investigating acceptance and commitment therapy as a treatment for previously treated, unremitted patients with anorexia nervosa”. European eating disorders review : the journal of the Eating Disorders Association 17 (6): 426–34.
- Wykes, T; Brammer, M; Mellers, J; Bray, P; Reeder, C; Williams, C; Corner, J (2002). “Effects on the brain of a psychological treatment: cognitive remediation therapy: functional magnetic resonance imaging in schizophrenia”. The British journal of psychiatry : the journal of mental science 181: 144–52.
- Cognitive Remediation Therapy for Anorexia Nervosa by Kate Tchanturia Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 1 edition (April 30, 2010) Lan
- Tchanturia, Kate; Davies, Helen; Campbell, Iain C (2007). “Cognitive remediation therapy for patients with anorexia nervosa: preliminary findings”. Annals of General Psychiatry 6 (1): 14. http://www.annals-general-psychiatry.com/content/6/1/14.
Cwojdzińska, A; Markowska-Regulska, K; Rybakowski, F (2009). “Cognitive remediation therapy in adolescent anorexia nervosa–case report”. Psychiatria polska 43 (1): 115–24.
- Safer, DL; Telch, CF; Agras, WS (2001). “Dialectical behavior therapy for bulimia nervosa”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 158 (4): 632–4.
- Eisler, I; Dare, C; Hodes, M; Russell, G; Dodge, E; Le Grange, D (2000). “Family therapy for adolescent anorexia nervosa: the results of a controlled comparison of two family interventions”. Journal of child psychology and psychiatry, and allied disciplines 41 (6): 727–36.
- Rhodes, P; Brown, J; Madden, S (2009). “The Maudsley model of family-based treatment for anorexia nervosa: a qualitative evaluation of parent-to-parent consultation”. Journal of marital and family therapy 35 (2): 181–92.
- Wallis, A; Rhodes, P; Kohn, M; Madden, S (2007). “Five-years of family based treatment for anorexia nervosa: the Maudsley Model at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead”. International journal of adolescent medicine and health 19 (3): 277–83.
- Gray, JJ; Hoage, CM (1990). “Bulimia nervosa: group behavior therapy with exposure plus response prevention”. Psychological reports 66 (2): 667–74.
- McIntosh, VV; Bulik, CM; McKenzie, JM; Luty, SE; Jordan, J (2000). “Interpersonal psychotherapy for anorexia nervosa”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 27 (2): 125–39
- Frisch, MJ; Franko, DL; Herzog, DB (2006). “Arts-based therapies in the treatment of eating disorders”. Eating disorders 14 (2): 131–42.
- Latner, JD; Wilson, GT (2000). “Cognitive-behavioral therapy and nutritional counseling in the treatment of bulimia nervosa and binge eating”. Eating behaviors 1 (1): 3–21.
- Perelygina, L; Patrusheva, I; Manes, N; Wildes, MJ; Krug, P; Hilliard, JK (2003). “Quantitative real-time PCR for detection of monkey B virus (Cercopithecine herpesvirus 1) in clinical samples”. Journal of Virological Methods 109 (2): 245–51.
- Whisenant, SL; Smith, BA (1995). “Eating disorders: current nutrition therapy and perceived needs in dietetics education and research”. Journal of the American Dietetic Association 95 (10): 1109–12.
- American Dietetic, Association (2006). “Position of the American Dietetic Association: Nutrition intervention in the treatment of anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and other eating disorders”. Journal of the American Dietetic Association 106 (12): 2073–82.
- Casper, RC (2002). “How useful are pharmacological treatments in eating disorders?”. Psychopharmacology bulletin 36 (2): 88–104.
- Goldberg, SC; Halmi, KA; Eckert, ED; Casper, RC; Davis, JM (1979). “Cyproheptadine in anorexia nervosa”. The British journal of psychiatry : the journal of mental science 134: 67–70.
- Walsh, BT; Wilson, GT; Loeb, KL; Devlin, MJ; Pike, KM; Roose, SP; Fleiss, J; Waternaux, C (1997). “Medication and psychotherapy in the treatment of bulimia nervosa”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 154 (4): 523–31.
- Marrazzi, MA; Markham, KM; Kinzie, J; Luby, ED (1995). “Binge eating disorder: response to naltrexone”. International journal of obesity and related metabolic disorders : journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity 19 (2): 143–5.
- Vandereycken, W; Pierloot, R (1982). “Pimozide combined with behavior therapy in the short-term treatment of anorexia nervosa. A double-blind placebo-controlled cross-over study”. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 66 (6): 445–50
Birmingham, CL; Gritzner, S (2006). “How does zinc supplementation benefit anorexia nervosa?”. Eating and weight disorders : EWD 11 (4): e109–11
Perkins, SJ; Murphy, R; Schmidt, U; Williams, C; Schmidt, Ulrike US (2006). Schmidt, Ulrike US. ed. “Self-help and guided self-help for eating disorders”. Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online) 3 (3): CD004191.
Carter, JC; Olmsted, MP; Kaplan, AS; McCabe, RE; Mills, JS; Aimé, A (2003). “Self-help for bulimia nervosa: a randomized controlled trial”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 160 (5): 973–8.
Thiels, C; Schmidt, U; Treasure, J; Garthe, R (2003). “Four-year follow-up of guided self-change for bulimia nervosa”. Eating and weight disorders : EWD 8 (3): 212–7.
Peterson, CB; Mitchell, JE; Crow, SJ; Crosby, RD; Wonderlich, SA (2009). “The Efficacy of Self-Help Group Treatment and Therapist-Led Group Treatment for Binge Eating Disorder”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 166 (12): 1347–54. //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3041988/.
^ Delinsky, SS; Latner, JD; Wilson, GT (2006). “Binge eating and weight loss in a self-help behavior modification program”. Obesity (Silver Spring, Md.) 14 (7): 1244–9.
Bulik, CM; Berkman, ND; Brownley, KA; Sedway, JA; Lohr, KN (2007). “Anorexia nervosa treatment: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 40 (4): 310–20.
Agras, WS (2001). “The consequences and costs of the eating disorders”. The Psychiatric clinics of North America 24 (2): 371–9.
- Palmer, RL; Birchall, H; Damani, S; Gatward, N; McGrain, L; Parker, L (2003). “A dialectical behavior therapy program for people with an eating disorder and borderline personality disorder–description and outcome”. The International Journal of Eating Disorders 33 (3): 281–6.
Baran, SA; Weltzin, TE; Kaye, WH (1995). “Low discharge weight and outcome in anorexia nervosa”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 152 (7): 1070–2.
Vandereycken, W (2003). “Prognosis of anorexia nervosa”. The American Journal of Psychiatry 160 (9): 1708; author reply 1708.
Bergh, C; Brodin, U; Lindberg, G; Södersten, P (2002). “Randomized controlled trial of a treatment for anorexia and bulimia nervosa”. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 99 (14): 9486–91. //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC123167/.
Herzog, DB; Dorer, DJ; Keel, PK; Selwyn, SE; Ekeblad, ER; Flores, AT; Greenwood, DN; Burwell, RA et al. (1999). “Recovery and relapse in anorexia and bulimia nervosa: a 7.5-year follow-up study”. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 38 (7): 829–37.
- Anorexia Misdiagnosed Publisher:Laura A. Daly; 1st edition (December 15, 2006)
- Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia Marya Hornbacher. Publisher: Harper Perennial; 1 edition (January 15, 1999)
- Anorexia Nervosa and Related Eating Disorders in Childhood and Adolescence By Bryan Lask, Rachel Bryant-Waugh Publisher: Psychology Press; 2 edition (October 12, 2000)
- Too Fat or Too Thin?: A Reference Guide to Eating Disorders; Cynthia R. Kalodner. Publisher: Greenwood Press; 1 edition (August 30, 2003)
- Overcoming Binge Eating; Christopher Fairburn. Publisher: The Guilford Press; Reissue edition (March 10, 1995) Language: English
- The Great Starvation Experiment: Ancel Keys and the Men Who Starved for Science. By Todd Tucker. (Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2006.
- The Golden Cage: The Enigma of Anorexia Nervosa: Hilde Bruch. Publisher: Vintage (March 12, 1979) Language: English
- Phantoms in the Brain: Probing the Mysteries of the Human Mind, VS Ramachandran, Sandra Blakeslee, Publisher: Harper Perennial (August 18, 1999) Language: English
- Psychiatric Aspects of Impulsivity F. Gerard Moeller, MD, Ernest S. Barratt, PhD, Donald M. Dougherty Am J Psychiatry 158:1783–1793, November © 2001 American Psychiatric Association (most of them are 15% underweight for their height)
- Blascovich, J., & Tomaka, J. (1991). Measures of self-esteem. In J.P. Robinson, P.R. Shaver, & L.S. Wrightsman (Eds.) Measures of personality and social psychological attitudes, Volume I. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
- Pope, Harrison G., Phillips, Katharine A., and Olivardia, Roberto. (2002). The Adonis Complex: How to Identify, Treat and Prevent Body Obsession in Men and Boys
- Rosenberg, M. (1965). Society and the adolescent self-image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- The many faces of perfectionism, The need for perfection comes in different flavors, each associated with its own set of problems, researchers say. By ETIENNE BENSON. Monitor Staff, November 2003, Vol 34, No. 10 Print version: page 18
- Psychiatric Times. July 1, 2000 Vol. 17 No. 7 When a Patient Has No Story To Tell: Alexithymia Rený J. Muller, PhD
- A test of behavioral rigidity. Schaie, K. Warner The Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology. Vol 51(3), Nov 1955, 604–610.
- Stewin, L (September 1983). “The concept of rigidity: An enigma”. Advancement of Counselling 6 (3): 227–232.
- Waniek C; Prohovnik I; Kaufman MA; Dwork AJ Rapidly progressive frontal-type dementia associated with Lyme disease. New York State Psychiatric Institute, NY 10032, USA. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 1995 Summer; 7(3):345-7
- William Sheehan, Steven Thurber. Anorexia Nervosa: A Suggestion for an Altruistic Paradigm from an Evolutionary Perspective.
- Forman-Hoffman, Valerie L.; Cunningham, Cassie L. (April 2008). “Geographical clustering of eating disordered behaviors in U.S. high school students”. International Journal of Eating Disorders 41 (3): 209–14. U.S. Government Funded
- Greg Miller Westmont Hilltop High, National geographic study on eating disorders
PICKY EATERS AND GROW UP CLINIC (Klinik Khusus Kesulitan Makan dan Gangguan Berat Badan) GRoW UP CLINIC JAKARTAYudhasmara Foundation GRoW UP CLINIC I Jl Taman Bendungan Asahan 5 Bendungan Hilir Jakarta Pusat 10210, phone (021) 5703646 – 44466102 GRoW UP CLINIC II MENTENG SQUARE Jl Matraman 30 Jakarta Pusat 10430, phone (021) 44466103 – 97730777 email : firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com http://pickyeatersclinic.com
WORKING TOGETHER SUPPORT TO THE HEALTH OF ALL BY CLINICAL, RESEARCH AND EDUCATIONS. Advancing of the future pediatric and future parenting to optimalized physical, mental and social health and well being for fetal, newborn, infant, children, adolescents and young adult
Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. You should carefully read all product packaging. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider
Copyright © 2013, Picky Eaters and Grow Up Clinic, Information Education Network. All rights reserved