Research and Abstract of Picky Eaters and Feeding Difficulties In Young Children
- Jacobi C, Schmitz G, Agras WS: Is picky eating an eating disorder?
Int J Eat Disord 2008, 41:626-634.
- Mascola AJ, Bryson SW, Agras WS: Picky eating during childhood: a longitudinal study to age 11 years. Eat Behav 2010, 11:253-257.
- Wright CM, Parkinson KN, Shipton D, Drewett RF: How do toddler eating problems relate to their eating behavior, food preferences, and growth? Pediatrics 2007, 120:e1069-e1075.
- Jaballas E, Clark-Ott D, Clasen C, Stolfi A, Urban M: Parents’ perceptions of their children’s weight, eating habits, and physical activities at home and at school. J Pediatr Health Care 2011, 25:294-301.
- Carruth BR, Ziegler PJ, Gordon A, Barr SI: Prevalence of picky eaters among infants and toddlers and their caregivers’ decisions about offering a new food. J Am Diet Assoc 2004, 104(1 Suppl 1):57-64.
- McDermott BM, Mamun AA, Najman JM, Williams GM, O’Callaghan MJ, Bor W: Preschool children perceived by mothers as irregular eaters: physical and psychosocial predictors from a birth cohort study. J Dev Behav Pediatr 2008, 29:197-205.
- Li Y, Shi A, Wan Y, Hotta M, Ushijima H: Child behavior problems: prevalence and correlates in rural minority areas of China. Pediatr Int 2001, 43:651-661.
- Manikam R, Perman JA: Pediatric feeding disorders. J Clin Gastroenterol 2000, 30:34-46.
- Rydell AM, Dahl M, Sundelin C: Characteristics of school children who are choosy eaters. J Genet Psychol 1995, 156:217-229
- Lindberg L, Ostberg M, Isacson IM, Dannaeus M: Feeding disorders related to nutrition. Acta Paediatr 2006, 95:425-429.
- Dubois L, Farmer AP, Girard M, Peterson K: Preschool children’s eating behaviours are related to dietary adequacy and body weight. Eur J Clin Nutr 2007, 61:846-855.
- World health Organization: International classification of diseases (ICD).
Available from: http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2010/en#/ webciteF98.2 Accessed 2 May 2012
- Jacobi C, Agras WS, Bryson S, Hammer LD: Behavioral validation, precursors, and concomitants of picky eating in childhood. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2003, 42:76-84.
- Chatoor I, Ammaniti M: Classifying feeding disorders of infancy and early childhood. In Age and Gender Considerations in Psychiatric Diagnosis: a Research Agenda for DSM-V. Edited by Narrow WE, First MB, Sirovatka PJ, Regier DA. American Psychiatric Association, Arlington; 2007::227-242.
- Nicholls D, Bryant-Waugh R: Eating disorders of infancy and childhood: definition, symptomatology, epidemiology, and comorbidity.
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 2009, 18:17-30.
- Kerzner B: Clinical investigation of feeding difficulties in young children: a practical approach. Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2009, 48:960-965.
- Bone loss without the loss of bone mineral material? A new perspective on anorexia nervosa. Bolotin HH.Bone. 2009 Jun;44(6):1034-42.
- Forced treatment of anorexic patients: part 2. Thiels C, Curtice MJ. Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2009 May 11.
- The Action of Leptin in the Ventral Tegmental Area to Decrease Food Intake is Dependent on Jak-2 Signaling. Morton GJ, Blevins JE, Kim F, Matsen M, Figlewicz DP. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009 May 12. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 19435852 [PubMed – as supplied by publisher]
- Adenovirus-mediated wild-type p53 gene transfer in combination with bronchial arterial infusion for treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer, one year follow-up. Guan YS, Liu Y, Zou Q, He Q, La Z, Yang L, Hu Y. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2009 May;10(5):331-40.
- Altered striatal response to reward in bulimia nervosa after recovery. Wagner A, Aizenstein H, Venkatraman VK, Bischoff-Grethe A, Fudge J, May JC, Frank GK, Bailer UF, Fischer L, Putnam K, Kaye WH. Int J Eat Disord. 2009 May 11.
- Anorexia nervosa: an increasing problem in children and adolescents. Halmi KA. Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2009;11(1):100-3. PMID: 19432392 [PubMed – in process]
- Neuropeptide VF-associated satiety involves mu and kappa but not delta subtypes of opioid receptors in chicks. Cline MA, Sliwa LN. Neurosci Lett. 2009 May 22;455(3):195-8. Epub 2009 Mar 14. PMID: 19429120 [PubMed – in process]
- The epidemiology of eating disorders in six European countries: Results of the ESEMeD-WMH project. Preti A, Girolamo GD, Vilagut G, Alonso J, Graaf RD, Bruffaerts R, Demyttenaere K, Pinto-Meza A, Haro JM, Morosini P; The ESEMeD-WMH Investigators. J Psychiatr Res. 2009 May 7.
- Malnutrition and mealtime ambiance in nursing homes. Nijs K, de Graaf C, van Staveren WA, de Groot LC. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2009 May;10(4):226-9.
- Liver function test abnormalities in anorexia nervosa-Cause or effect. Narayanan V, Gaudiani JL, Harris RH, Mehler PS. Int J Eat Disord. 2009 May 7.
- Typical and atypical restrictive anorexia nervosa: Weight history, body image, psychiatric symptoms, and response to outpatient treatment. Santonastaso P, Bosello R, Schiavone P, Tenconi E, Degortes D, Favaro A. Int J Eat Disord. 2009 May 7.
- Eating disorders in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder: Prevalence and clinical correlates. Sallet PC, de Alvarenga PG, Ferrão Y, de Mathis MA, Torres AR, Marques A, Hounie AG, Fossaluza V, do Rosario MC, Fontenelle LF, Petribu K, Fleitlich-Bilyk B. Int J Eat Disord. 2009 May 7.
- [Hyponatremia associated with psychotropic drugs: a side effect to consider] Lacarta GL, Chiappetta VI, Peluffo I. Vertex. 2008 Nov-Dec;19(82):364-70.
- Adipocyte fatty acid binding protein during refeeding of female patients with anorexia nervosa. Engl J, Tschoner A, Willis M, Schuster I, Kaser S, Laimer M, Biebl W, Patsch JR, Mangweth B, Ebenbichler CF. Eur J Nutr. 2009 May 7.
- Managing anorexia from a dietitian’s perspective. Cockfield A, Philpot U. Proc Nutr Soc. 2009 May 6:1-8.
- Trichomegaly in a 3-year-old girl with alopecia areata. Nazareth MR, Bunimovich O, Rothman IL. Pediatr Dermatol. 2009 Mar-Apr;26(2):188-93. PMID: 19419469
Madhuita Misra, Avichal Aggarwal, Karen K. Miller, Cecilia Almazan, Megan Worley, Leslie A. Soyka, David B. Herzog, and Anne Klibanski
Effects of Anorexia Nervosa on Clinical, Hematologic, Biochemical, and Bone Density Parameters in Community-Dwelling Adolescent Girls
Pediatrics, Dec 2004; 114: 1574 – 1583.
Charlotte M. Wright, Kathryn N. Parkinson, Deborah Shipton, and Robert F. Drewett
How Do Toddler Eating Problems Relate to Their Eating Behavior, Food Preferences, and Growth? Pediatrics, Oct 2007; 120: e1069 – e1075.
Stefan A. Wudy, Sandra Hagemann, Astrid Dempfle, Gundula Ringler, Werner F. Blum, Lars D. Berthold, Gerhard Alzen, Ludwig Gortner, and Johannes HebebrandChildren With Idiopathic Short Stature Are Poor Eaters and Have Decreased Body Mass IndexPediatrics, Jul 2005; 116: e52 – e57.
Rajani Prabhakaran, Madhusmita Misra, Karen K. Miller, Kimberly Kruczek, Shankeertha Sundaralingam, David B. Herzog, Debra K. Katzman, and Anne KlibanskiDeterminants of Height in Adolescent Girls With Anorexia NervosaPediatrics, Jun 2008; 121: e1517 – e1523.
- Harold T. Chui, Bruce K. Christensen, Robert B. Zipursky, Blake A. Richards, M. Katherine Hanratty, Noor J. Kabani, David J. Mikulis, and Debra K. Katzman Cognitive Function and Brain Structure in Females With a History of Adolescent-Onset Anorexia Nervosa Pediatrics, Aug 2008; 122: e426 – e437.
- Stunting of Growth as a Major Feature of Anorexia Nervosa in Male Adolescents
Pediatrics, Feb 2003; 111: 270 – 276.
- Irene Chatoor, Jaclyn Surles, Jody Ganiban, Leila Beker, Laura McWade Paez, and Benny Kerzner Failure to Thrive and Cognitive Development in Toddlers With Infantile Anorexia Pediatrics, May 2004; 113: e440 – e447
- Kim J. Overby and Iris F. Litt Mediastinal Emphysema in an Adolescent With Anorexia Nervosa and Self-Induced Emesis Pediatrics, Jan 1988; 81: 134 – 136.
- Borah-Giddens, J., & Falciglia, G. A. (1993). A meta-analysis of the relationship in food preferences between parents and children. , 102-107.
- Carruth, B.R., & Skinner, J.D. (2000). Revisiting the picky eater phenomenon: Neophobic behaviors of young children. , 771-780.
- Gibbs, J. (2006, Jan-Mar). Working with picky eaters: The Toddler years. Family and Consumer Sciences Quarterly Media Packet, Michigan State University Extension, East Lansing, MI. Available online at: http://www.fcs.msue.msu.edu/mediapacket/Jan-Mar06/PickyEaters-theToddlerYrs.doc
- Lerner, C., & Parlakian, R. (2007). Healthy from the start: How feeding nurtures your young child’s body, heart, and mind. ZERO TO THREE: Washington, DC. Available online at: http://www.zerotothree.org/site/DocServer/healthy_from_start_eng.pdf?docID=1041&AddInterest=1153
- Martins, Y. (2002). Try it, you’ll like it! Early dietary experiences and food acceptance patterns. 12-16, 18-20.
- Sanders, M.R., Patel, R.K., Le Grice, B., & Shepherd, R.W. (1993). Children with persistent feeding difficulties: An observational analysis of the feeding interactions of problem and non-problem eaters. , 64-73.
- Satter, E. (1990). The feeding relationship: Problems and interventions. (Suppl.), 181-190.
- Agras WS, Bryson S, Hammer LD, Kraemer HC. Childhood risk factors for thin body preoccupation and social pressure to be thin. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 2007;46:171–178.
- Agras WS, Hammer LD, McNicholas F, Kraemer HC. Risk factors for childhood overweight: A prospective study from birth to 9.5 years. Journal of Pediatrics. 2004;145:20–25.
- Birch LL, Grimm-Thomas K, Markey CN, Sawyer R, Johnson MB. Confirmatory factor analysis of the child feeding questionnaire: A measure of parental attitudes, beliefs, and practices about child feeding and obesity proneness. Appetite. 2001;36:201–210. [PubMed]Buri JR. Parental authority questionnaire. Journal of Personality Assessment. 1989;57:110–119
- Carruth BR, Skinner J, Houck K, Moran J, Coletta F, Ott D. The phenomenon of “picky eater”: A behavioral marker in eating patterns of toddlers. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 1998;17:180–186.
- Carruth BR, Ziegler PJ, Gordon A, Barr SI. Prevalence of picky eaters among infants and toddlers and their caregiver’s decsions about offering a new food. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2004;104:S57–S64.
- Dovey TM, Staples PA, Gibson EL, Halfod JCG. Food neophobia and ‘picky/fussy’ eating in children: A review. Appetite. 2008;50:181–193.
- Dubois L, Farmer A, Girard M, Peterson K, Tatone-Tokuda F. Problem eating behaviors related to social factors and body weight in preschool children: A longitudinal study. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. 2007a;4:9.
- Dubois L, Farmer AP, Girard M, Peterson K. Preschool children’s eating behaviors are related to dietary adequacy and body weight. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2007b;61:846–855.
- Jacobi C, Agras WS, Bryson S, Hammer LD. Behavioral validation, precursors, and concomitants of picky eating in chldhood. journal of American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 2003;42:76–84
- Jacobi C, Schmitz G, Agras WS. Is picky eating an eating disorder? International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2008;41:626–634.
- Lewinsohn PM, Holm-Denoma JM, Gau JM, Joiner TE, Striegel-Moore RH. Problematic eating and feeding behaviors of 36-month-old children. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2005;38:208–219.
- Marchi M, Cohen P. Early childhood eating behaviors and adolescent eating disorders. journal of American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 1990;29:112–117.
PICKY EATERS AND GROW UP CLINIC (Klinik Khusus Kesulitan Makan dan Gangguan Berat Badan) GRoW UP CLINIC JAKARTAYudhasmara Foundation GRoW UP CLINIC I Jl Taman Bendungan Asahan 5 Bendungan Hilir Jakarta Pusat 10210, phone (021) 5703646 – 44466102 GRoW UP CLINIC II MENTENG SQUARE Jl Matraman 30 Jakarta Pusat 10430, phone (021) 44466103 – 97730777 email : email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org http://growupclinic.com
WORKING TOGETHER SUPPORT TO THE HEALTH OF ALL BY CLINICAL, RESEARCH AND EDUCATIONS. Advancing of the future pediatric and future parenting to optimalized physical, mental and social health and well being for fetal, newborn, infant, children, adolescents and young adult
Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. You should carefully read all product packaging. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider
Copyright © 2013, Picky Eaters and Grow Up Clinic, Information Education Network. All rights reserved